New Safety Protocols and Facilities
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we are working hard at the practice to develop new advanced safety protocols. We are also installing state-of-the-art new safety facilities and equipment.
New Patient Protocol for Attending the Practice
As of the 29th May the Chief Dental Officer for England has issued a statement indicating that
Today, we are asking that all dental practices commence opening from Monday 8 June for all face to face care, where practices assess that they have the necessary IPC and PPE requirements in place.
Patient Protocol for Attending the Practice
There is a new protocol for patient attendance in order to meet social distancing and protection of the vulnerable whilst at Darren Bywater Dental Care.
We would be very grateful if you would adhere to this new guidance for your protection and for a smooth patient journey.
- You should make your appointment by telephone, emaiI or by our new online booking service. This will reduce the need for unnecessary travel to and from the surgery.
- Once an appointment is registered on our system you will receive both a text and an email inviting you to fill in a number of forms. You should fill in all these forms as they will prepopulate our system automatically. This will save you filling out any forms back at the practice and reduce contact exposure.
Arriving at the Dental Practice:
- Do not attend the practice if you are displaying signs of covid-19 . Current government guidelines suggest 1. A new continuous cough 2. High temperature 3. Loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell are signs of covid-19 status.
- Attend the practice with your own face covering.
- Once arrived call the practice or make known by other means, that you are here.
- When you attend the practice we will ask you to stay in your car. You will be collected by one of our nurses. Leave as much personal items in your car. If you are a family you will be only able to bring 1 child in at a time. If you have more than one child you will need to arrange another adult to sit in the car with your other children or make separate bookings for your children. There will be no useable toilet facilities on premises for the time being.
- If you arrive by any other means than a car, wait outside the practice till called in.
- Your nurse will be your chaperone throughout your visit.
- Once called, your nurse will collect you, take your temperature. If your temperature is above 37.8 degrees we will advise you to return back home and follow government guidelines. If your temperature is below 37.8 degrees you will be bought into the practice.
- Your nurse will guide you to either the rear or front reception depending on your vulnerability. All vulnerable patients will be guided to the rear reception where we have a dedicated surgery for assessment and treatment.
- You will be asked to carry out hand hygiene at one of our stations within the practice.
- You will either check in via our remote check-in service using your QR code that you would have acquired by filling in your forms at home, or via our receptionist.
- You will be taken straight into surgery where your dentist will be ready to see you.
Your Dental Appointment:
- Your dentist and nurse may be wearing various guises of PPE that you may not be used to. Do not be alarmed, this is normal practice to ensure your safety and that of our staff.
- Your dental appointment may consist of treatment that is carried out in one of our specially adapted surgeries. The treatment time will be increased to account for our additional covid-19 decontaminant procedures. We would be grateful if you could bear with us that your appointment may be longer than normal.
- Once your dental appointment is completed, your nurse may ask you to step outside the surgery and wait on a yellow spot.
- Always maintain 2 meter social distance whilst waiting for your nurse.
- Your nurse will guide you to the reception where your appointment will be concluded. We have contactless payment system on your side of the splash screen.
- There are further opportunities to carry out hand hygiene whilst in the practice
- Any other appointments will be made and your nurse will direct you out of the building.
Our progress so far
- Radic 8 Virus killer in all surgeries and waiting rooms. Radic 8 Virus Killer is leading the global air filter against airborne and droplet covid virus. Kill rate of coronavirus at 99.99999%. Combines a pre filter, HEPA filter, activated carbon and the reactor cell of 8 super UVC lamps with 40 TiO2 hexagon filters makes it the ultimate solution for eradicating coronavirus and other agents. The Radic 8 Virus killers can filter 60 to 100 cubic sq meters of air in 4 to 6 minutes.
- Practice zoning. It is important that a dental practice currently protects vulnerable patients (over 70, medical history), from unnecessary exposure to Covid 19. Vulnerable patients still need dental care and at Darren Bywater Dental Care we have zoned the whole of the practice in order to keep vulnerable patients safe. There is a separate entrance, reception, waiting room, and surgeries designated for vulnerable patients in order that they do not come in to contact with other patients during their visit.
- Contactless patient journey: At Darren Bywater Dental Care we have invested in a contactless patient journey involving completing all your dental forms remotely at home, booking your own appointments on-line, self-check in, and contactless payment.
- Correct PPE to protect the patients and the staff. Complete surgery room disinfection between patients using vaporised disinfection technology.
- Dental distancing with it the practice by 2 meters
- Disinfection stations throughout the practice.
- Practice protocols that reduces the number of patients within the practice at any one time.
- Reception splash guards to protect the patients and reception staff.
Work is still in progress but we are almost complete and will update you with a new set of photographs of the completed installations very soon. In the interim, please keep safe and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Darren and the team at Darren Bywater Dental Care
The photographs show current work in progress, these will be updated as the projects progress.